Open lines of communication with your dental practice staff are important for a number of reasons (practice growth, goal achievement, long-term stability to name a few). However, communicating with staff doesn’t always come easy, especially when they come to you to discuss compensation.
A recent article in Dental Products Report addresses the top employee compensation mistakes dentists often make. Are you possibly committing some of the following bad habits referenced in the article?
- Offering wage increases based on reasons other than merit
- Failing to define what “success” means in terms of each employee’s performance
- Giving everyone on the team the same wage and/or bonus
- Increasing wages without evidence of practice growth
- Lacking opportunities for open communication
The DPR article is definitely worth a read, especially for those who dread employee compensation conversations. Instead of avoiding these conversations, take a proactive approach and get the team on board for a fresh and successful start to the New Year.